Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday, March 18, 2011

A. HANDSTAND PRACTICE: BREAKING AND REESTABLISHING BODYLINE FOR ADVANCED
Beginner: walk up into a handstand, 10 sec hold, rest 45 sec x 5 sets; work on getting palms closer to the wall


B 5 min of tech work on push press and push jerk

C.
7 reps ground to overhead 95/135
10 pull-ups (you may kip and or use bands)
21 calorie row
Beginners should do deadlift, then hang power cleans and then push press.
rest 3 min
6 sets

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Caitie, Tom, Kim, Brenda and Jane for a solid performance in Event 1. I had a great time counting and judging for you guys. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very exciting watching Caitie, Brenda, Kim, and Tom do Event 1 today! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I am done!! Good luck future WOD 1 people. Keep it relaxed on the DUs and try not to break too long... I am excited to see more people give it a go. Tom, Caitie, Brenda and Kim were brilliant today!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for setting the bar so high for you Darci!!!! It was a fun time even though i touched the ceiling with every skip and still couldn't get a double under--alot of work for no count!!! Gotta work on the wrist motion.... Good luck to everyone who is doing it this week-end. Darci I am thinking 8 for you--you can do it!!!
    I see i have to use my old name as there is two of us now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was nervous about event 1 today but i felt pretty good about it after. Thanks for all the encouragement and positive energy-- it helped to push me harder to do my best .Kim, Brenda and Tom you guys all did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cheers and encouragement everyone! I am really happy with my result today and am excited to find out what the next challenge is! Good Luck everyone with the workout tomorrow! I will be checking for updates during class tomorrow on my phone.

    Giv'er!

    ReplyDelete