Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

flux CrossFit Paleo Challenge #3 AKA Pudge Reduction!

The time has come for our next paleo challenge! We've changed up the parameters this time. Here's the scoop ...

flux CrossFit Paleo Challenge #4
Begins Tuesday, February 15th
Duration: 12 weeks

1. Food - paleo/ primal/ Weston A. Price. Try to think about where your meat is coming from - try to buy grass-fed pastured meats, raw dairy.

This time around we're also counting points for the cheats which means any kind of sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc. ("paleo treats" or not) counts as a point every time. The goal is to keep a low score here! Honour system of course! Alcohol does raise your blood sugar levels so it also counts as a cheat.

2. Performance - the final WOD (at 3 different levels) will be held during the first week of May! In the CrossFit spirit the WOD will be a surprise - announced on Sunday, May 1st. The WOD will contain at least one monostructural cardio, a weight lifting movement and a gymnastic movement. The workouts will be designed in such a way that anyone can participate.

3. Participation on the Blog (recipes, articles, support, and general comments on your performance)


4. Measurements - for those athletes whose goal is pudge reduction, we are including measurements. For those whose goal is to gain weight or not lose weight, we will count more on your performance scores.

5. Supporting your fellow athletes!

Prizes include: a pair of vibrums, a massage from Heidi, gift certificate from Cool Springs Ranch, gift certificate for a night out and much more!

6. Please sign up here if you plan on taking part.

33 comments:

  1. Watch your face Pudge ... I am about to reduce you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bye subscapular fat.. I am in for the challenge too ! If you see me strolling around the gym eating a twinkie you have permission to give me a kick.

    - Mieka "innerthighfatbegone" Boehmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on pudge, you going down haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if the pudge fights back?

    I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! Tummy be gone!!!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh dear I never thought of that, maybe if I wear a nacho libre mask while working out it will be too intimidated

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in too! Focusing on sleep and stress (cortisol?) and of course nutrition. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I'm in too. You may have to tie us down when the wind blows - isn't it the pudge that keeps our feet on the ground? (Oh I forgot - that is why you tie tires to us when we work out!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been shamed into it.... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Measurements have officially been taken...Let the games begin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda and Traci, guess whose booty measured the biggest?

    ReplyDelete
  12. count me in says Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No more Valentine's brownies :( I'm in...

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried to post before. I am in. What are the official measurement standards? :-)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok so now I see my first post. I must REALLY be in now.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Measurement standards: waist, hips, chest

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh ya Darci we know--the ripped jeans tells all. We may have to bring our balloons back for a "proper measurment"!!! Not only does it meausure the biggest but quite sure it also sits the highest as well!!!...and no we are not jealous---at all!!?????

    ReplyDelete
  18. I posted on the wrong blog - I'm in too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know that paleo diet is not about measuring and counting calories, but as a self-admitted carb junky, I do need to keep track of how much I'm eating.

    I have a spreadsheet that helps keep track of protein, carbs, and fat as a % of my daily caloric needs. Let me know if you're interested in how it works, I'll send it to you. Email me at houterbridge@regina.ymca.ca

    ReplyDelete
  20. okay so I tried to post earlier but it didnt' work - or at least it doesn't show up. Can I still get in???

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK. Public confession time. I couldn't resist the fruit crumble at lunch yesterday. One demerit point for me. Oh, and then there were the salmon crepes. OK, one more point. Two for two days isn't too bad! I will improve!

    ReplyDelete
  22. how's it going, paleo folks? we are already at day 5 (FIVE) woohoooo us!!! (I would pay big for an areo bar right about now...)
    Darci - are we allowed one cheat day per week? - just wondering????

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Gwen!Thanx for asking how we're doing. I didn't start until the 16th, so I'm behind by a day...but I've done very well the past few days. It might have been easier for me because I've had a gross cold and cough since Monday, but having said that, I usually turn to sugar when I feel crappy. Chocolate soothes the throat, you know, lol.

    So, I've been tracking carbs, protein and fat grams per day. The biggest success for me so far is averaging only about 100g of carbs per day - with my regular diet I'm at about 300 a day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, Helen that's GREAT!!! I too have had a rotten cold...8 weeks today, actually so my appetite hasn't been great - although I have had a few ryecrisp crackers, a piece of garlic bread and a glass of wine - so far I am up to 4 points...yikes! I need some "cracker or chip" recipes, folks!!! please and thanks!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some of us have been posting recipes on the Paleo/Real Food link. There's a couple of cracker recipes, soup, muffins, pesto . . .Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My carb intake is usually about 80 grams a day and most comes from raw milk. I eat sweet potato after a hard met con

    ReplyDelete