Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A QUICK CHECK-IN

HELLO FLUX ATHLETES,

OVER THE NEXT MONTH I PLAN TO MEET WITH EACH ATHLETE FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES. I WANT TO GO OVER YOUR CURRENT GOALS, ANY PLATEAUS YOU HAVE HIT, ETC. WE WILL ALSO DISCUSS THE CONCRETE WAYS THAT YOU CAN REACH YOUR GOALS.

CHARITY WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU TO SET UP THE APPOINTMENT. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU MIGHT WANT TO START THINKING ABOUT ANY MOVEMENTS OR BENCHMARKS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO IMPROVE. EXAMPLES MIGHT BE A 30 SEC HANDSTAND WITH PALMS AGAINST THE WALL, A BODYWEIGHT BACK SQUAT OR DOUBLE BODY WEIGHT BACK SQUAT, DECREASING YOUR 400 METER RUN TIME, TO TAKE CARE OF NAGGING SHOULDER INJURIES OR TO GAIN MORE MOBILITY THROUGH THE HIPS. `

-DARCI

3 comments:

  1. Love.Love.Love this idea! Apart from my painfully obvious shoulder mobility issues I'd like to get a BW Linda, a 900+lb CF total and just be pain free. I also miss doing overhead movements - OHS was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darci, you are gonna need more than 15 min with Kurt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have to charge me an inspection fee like a plumber.

    ReplyDelete