Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Monday, September 19, 2011

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2011

A. POWER CLEANS
BEGINNER: 20 MIN OF TECH WORK.

INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED: WORK UP TO YOUR 1RM, DROP THE WEIGHT 20 LBS, AND DO 2 REPS X 3 SETS; REST 2 MIN.

B. PULLING
BEGINNER: 1 Negative, then 1 concentric; rest 1 min between reps x 4 sets = 8 reps in total.

INTERMEDIATE: 1-5 reps chin-ups or pull-ups x 4 sets; rest 2 min

ADVANCED: ARMS ONLY ROPE CLIMB X 2 ASCENTS X 4 SETS; REST 2 MIN. (If you are between intermediate and advanced, do the rope climbs as high as possible using only arms). You must start from a seated position.

C. PUSHING
BEGINNERS: FIND YOUR 1 RM DEPTH ON A PUSH-UP, ADD SOME HEIGHT AND DO 2 REPS X 5 SETS; REST 1 MIN.

INTERMEDIATE: AMRAP PERFECT PUSH-UPS IN 1 MIN; REST 2 MIN.

ADVANCED: SUPPORT POSITION PUSH-UPS, 1-5 REPS (AS PERFECT AS POSSIBLE).

IF YOU CAN ONLY DO 1 REP, THEN TAKE ABOUT 45 SEC REST AND THEN DO ANOTHER X 5 SETS; REST 2 MIN

IF YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 1 REP, DO 1-5 REPS X 5 SETS; REST 2 MIN.

IF YOU ARE DOING THESE PROPERLY, YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO DO MORE THAN 5 REPS. IF YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 5, YOU ARE EITHER CHEATING OR I UNDERESTIMATED YOUR ABILITIES!

4 comments:

  1. Nice "Pulling" today 11am and noon fluxers.

    From holding that negative for a few extra seconds to the all arms rope climbs. Good hard work on the pulling. Hard work always pays off!

    - Mieka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,
    I had a look at the CF Football website. I hadn't been on in about 6 months. I too, like the programming that is coming out of there. It seems that they have introduced more workouts lately that is about developing rather than testing. By developing I mean working the various energy systems with rest periods. That is very much like us. I only looked at a few training days but it seemed they were 30 sec on/30 sec off. This type of training, from what I have learned in my course work with OPT, is basically a good way to train for, a time domain such as Fran. To really train the anaerobic lactic, you need way longer rest periods, a W:R ratio of 1-6.

    Anyway, that is just what immediately comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really enjoyed my first mobility session tonight! I was pulled right out of my comfort zone, fell on my butt at least a dozen time, my hips made noises and moved in ways I've never experienced before - and somehow, I even struggled with lying down at times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 190 lbs for a power clean...pr by 5 lbs! I know I have more in me and I'll get there. There's a few times where I didn't even jump so it's nice having Darci correct these issues. Practice, practice and more practice.

    Did two handed rope dead hangs in 7,5,4,4,4,4,2 sets and then did 5 sets of 2 for the support position pushups. The last one was the best with the whole butt clenching thing.

    Solid efforts by everyone tonight. So fun to watch folks put everything they have into it.

    ReplyDelete