Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

A. As promised, this week we focus on metabolic conditioning and training various energy systems. Next week the emphasis is tapering and skills. Then we go back to two weeks of strength training (CP), anaerobic alactic power/endurance and some shorter met cons.

This is OPT with some changes to the time domains.
4 sets
45 sec of touch and go clean and jerk 115/80 lbs
45 sec of box jumps 24/20 "
45 sec of KB Swings 50/35 lbs Russian
45 sec of Burpees
Rest walk 10 min between sets.

This is three minutes of HARD WORK. The ten minutes will give you plenty of time to recover. Don't hold back. Take note of how you felt during the sets.


B. In your rest period work on handbalancing.
Beginners: work on kicking up against the wall. Aim for 15 sec hold.
Intermediate: toe and heel taps
Advanced: toe and heel taps in middle of the floor with a partner. You can also work on your kick-ups and handbalancing.

2 comments:

  1. This totally sucked today thanks to being obscenely sore from the sprints...even my sides hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Chris and I didn't even do sprints. We only had time for three sets and for the 1st two I used 115lbs then I went to 95lbs to get 10 reps for the third set. Box jumps were around 14-15, knee raises were around 12 and burpees around 11-12.

    I have one wod left for sept so I'll use it next week I guess. I kind of went all wild during my vacation and the 2x a week was used up fast. Two wods in a month isn't going to get me very far...lol.

    ReplyDelete