Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A. Front Squats
Beginner: 3, 3, 3, 3; @22x2; rest 2 min
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3: rest 2 min
Advanced: Go up to a 1 RM, drop 20 lbs and 2 reps x 3 sets: rest 2-3 min

B. Pull-ups
Beginners: 1 concentric rep x 4 sets; rest 1 min
Intermediate: 1-5 chin-ups or pull-ups x 4 sets; rest 2 min
Advanced: 1-5 False Grip Pull-Ups x 4 sets; rest 2 min

B. A 6 minute Cindy
5 pull-ups (You may kip with a band)
10 push-up
15 air squats

8 comments:

  1. What! Squats again? I just might have to do these at home today to see if I even can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you feeling after back squats? Do the Front Squats! I am gonna FS today too. I PR'd on my HSPU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pierre's wife, is 29 years old. She has zero athletic background but has worked up to some very respectable numbers on her lifts. She squats every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this as I haven't squatted in probably 2-3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bring my own plates, filled with feathers so Darci thinks I'm actually lifting more, that way I can still walk after. Oh, oops, is that my outside voice???

    Awesome workout today!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, better than doing 30 of the suckers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am actually feeling really good. No pain not too stiff, We'll see what tomorrow brings. No time for squats today, I took my girls to the Salon and then the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not exactly a record breaking performance but it's a start. I just went up to 215 for the FS and did 195lbs for the 2's. It felt kind of odd pushing up from the balls of my feet.

    5,4,3,3 for deadhang pullups and a 4 rounds +5+2 for the 6 min cindy. I am not very good with pushups and my arms give out pretty quickly.

    One thing I did notice was that the shoulder dislocates felt a lot better in the warmup and I could do that reverse grip hang from the bar thing with my hands much closer together. I'm digging all the mobility things you do here.

    ReplyDelete