Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DAY 2 WITH PIERRE

Another training day completed!

I knew I would be physically drained from all of the lifting but I hadn't taken into account the mental fatigue. My lifts all look and feel so different from just two days ago - radically different - so you can imagine how much I have had to "think" about the lifts. I had a nap after our morning session and when Pierre told me it was time to wake up and head to the gym I really had to will myself out of my bed.

But Pierre was right, I am starting to get to the point where I am doing and not thinking. He said something today that really resonated with me, "Worry about what YOU are doing. Don't worry about what the bar is doing." If you master the movement then the bar will follow the way it is supposed to follow.

And finally, after day two, Pierre told me that I was starting to lift like a weightlifter rather than someone who lifts weights! Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. Darci, I am happy to hear that you are having so much fun that you can't even get out of bed!!!! just kidding sounds like an awesome experience for you. However, I must say I am a bit (alot concerned) of what lays ahead for the rest of us. I am especially talking about the "remedial crew". Seriously "fatitgue until you no longer can think"..I can't wait to hear more about this!!!???
    Enjoy the rest of your week..and I will enjoy mine while i can still walk out of the gym after a workout.
    Excited to hear all about your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually resonates with me as I get obsessed with what the bar is doing and consequently I forget about what my body is supposed to do. It's not like I've never cleaned a weight before but quite often I'll be told "you didn't shrug" or "you didn't get full extension at the hips!". These basic movements should be automatic. How to get over that is the real question for me personally.

    ReplyDelete