Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A. Squat Cleans
Beginner: 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min

Advanced: Work up to a 1 RM, drop 20 lbs and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min.

Warm-Up weights:
2 @ 60%
1 @ 75%
1 @ 85%
1 @ 90%
1 @ 100%

B.
5 thrusters unbroken @ 95/135 lbs (this is not a metcon so don't be scared to go heavy).
rest 2 min
AMRAP Kipping Pull-Ups UNBROKEN
rest 2 min
AMRAP Double unders in 1 min.
rest 2 min
4 Rounds

Beginners: AMRAP RING ROWS in 45 sec.

Intermediate: AMRAP Kipping PULL-UPS in 45 Sec. For this workout, you are considered intermediate if you cannot do more than 3 kipping pull-ups at a time or if you have to do an extra kip in between reps. Intermediate athletes may also kip with a band.

4 comments:

  1. Fun night! I did 155/155/165 for my sets of squat cleans but I'm still not getting full extension so I have some work to do. The weight didn't feel that heavy and I never tried to find a 1RM. I haven't done squat cleans for a very long time and it does show with my jumping backwards, etc.

    Then for part B I used 95 lbs for the 1st round then 105 for the 2nd and 3rd. Managed 14/12/12 for the pullups and 75/95/116 for single skips. Can't DU for the life of me.

    It was just the Victoria Avenue crew tonight or as I'm calling us, "The guys on awesome avenue". Be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all the folks who got new PRs today on the squat cleans and thrusters!

    It was fantastic to see so many athletes working hard in every part of "B"! It always amazes me just how many reps you can out in such a short but intense period of time.

    I was happy to be home and back in the gym!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. During the thrusters and pull-ups I did see a lot of folks who would benefit from re-reading the blog Darci posted lasted week on "Upper Body Structural Imbalance"!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Char for the great class at 4:30 !

    - Mieka

    ReplyDelete