Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011

A. Front Squat
Beginner: 5, 5, 5 @ 22x2; rest 2 min
Advanced: Work up to a 1RM, then drop 20 lbs and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 3 min.


B. HSPU x 1 rep, then go down to 2 reps x 5 sets; rest 2 min.
You need to find a depth that you can do for one rep. Then, you add some height to something that you can manage for 2 reps. This is meant to be a sub-maximal load. If you have a hspu, then add plates for more depth.

Beginners: Downward Dogs

C. Grace Please Post Your Results
30 clean and Jerks for Time at 60% of your 1RM clean and jerk.

9 comments:

  1. Clean & Push Press
    30 reps
    31 lbs
    4:34
    ~Shara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace - 105lbs 5:15

    Thanks Darci for another great time at Flux. Chris - it was great working with you and I appreciate the encouragement and help. Great job on the front squats, very impressive!

    Good work everyone! Not sure I would have finished Grace if I didn't have 8 people watching me and counting my reps, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4:03 at 85 lbs

    I liked the HSPU work today, is a fun way to tackle it.

    Thanks,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mike, nice to meet you. I Pr'd on the front squat with a 300# single and then did Grace (135#) in 3:19 which is not a Pr:( my previous best was 2:40 but I probably hadn't done squats right before:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 75 lbs, and a personal worst for time 7 something. I stopped looking at the clock.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete