Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, Sept 14, 2010

A. Press 5 sets of 2 reps at a tempo of 10X0.
Rest 4 minutes after each set.

I would like you to drive the bar up as quickly as possible (indicated by the X). At the bottom and top of the lift I do not want any pause. On the way down (after you have driven the bar overhead) I want you to take one second to bring it back down to the bottom. Start relatively light and work your way up. Do a few warm-up reps as well.

B. 30 sec power cleans (these should be touch and go reps). You want to do a weight that enables you to continue for 30 sec without stopping but that does not leave you completely gassed. Pick an appropriate weight, approximately 75 % of your 1RM.
30 sec air squats (work on technique and form at about 65% intensity).
8 reps x 2 sets

When you go through it 8 times take a 5 min active rest. (work on pistols).

2 rounds

1 comment:

  1. After some pretty intense thinking/ staring at the clock, I think I got the hang of this tempo strength training.
    It's so different that what I used to do! (and it cuts off my oesophagus a wee bit more), but I quite enjoyed doing my 5 sets!

    ReplyDelete