Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Joel Salatin and flux CrossFit cattle






Joel Salatin's new book: "The Sheer Ecstasy of Being a Lunatic Farmer."

Janeen just put me on to a new book by Joel Salatin, the quirky polycultural farmer!

http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_sheer_ecstasy_of_being_a_lunatic_farmer:paperback


The cattle have been butchered and they are hanging in the shop. We basically have 1200 pounds of meat available for flux CrossFit members. You can buy boxes that are 50 pounds and 100 pounds. Please respond here to give me your order.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Darci,

    I will take 100 pounds!!!
    Thanks
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will 50 pounds fit in my tiny top-of-fridge freezer?
    Or would someone like to split a 50 pound box with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be better off splitting a box with someone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariane- I will split with you. I'm going to pack in my luggage and bring to Whitehorse, my suitcase is going to be filled with food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will take some..thinking probably 50 lbs thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take 50 lbs please

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like only ground beef please, if possible. 100 pounds...or more if I can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Joel Salatin speak when he was here in 2008. It was SO interesting. I love farmers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I am kind of jealous Rebecca! I heart farmers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cost is approx $4.00/pound. Unless you want to buy factory farmed meat, the price is unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete