Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A. Back Squat
Beginners: @ 22x2, 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min
Advanced: Max, -10 to 20 lbs, 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min.

B. Press or HSPU
Beginner: 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min.
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min
Advanced: Max, -10-20 lbs, 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min

HSPU
Find max depth, add some height and do 2-3 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min.


C. 350 meter row AFAP
rest 7 minutes
350 meter row AFAP
Practice handbalancing during your rest.

10 comments:

  1. Ken got his goal of a body weight PRESS today. Impressive!

    Good job on the PR on your back squat Chantel!

    Welcome back Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Ken! That has been a goal for me too...but sadly I am still 20#s away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lifting partner Rudy. Pr'd on press at 167 and did my doubles at 157. Squats were another story entirely. Lots of grunting and swearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back squat PR's .. Kathy 120lb, Melissa 170lb, Trevor 235lb, Gerry 200lb, Kelly 230lb.

    Mike hit 130lb on the press.

    GREAT JOB !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chantel's back squat was 145lb and Ken's press was 175lb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 230 Kelly! Good Grief! How much of a gain is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were you wearing a belt? I have to ask! My guess is no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was without a belt. A 5 lb improvement over recent low bar back squat attempts (with a belt). I've never really done high bar before, but after a few tips from Meika they felt really good. Once upon a time I squatted 250, but that was over 2 years ago and I haven't ever been able to repeat it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And was your 250 low or high bar? You are a natural lifter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 250 was low bar. I've never even tried going heavy with high bar - I was always too scared of loosing it forward over my neck. But, with my chest up and shoulders/scaps engaged and tight, I was totally comfortable with the heavy high bar last night. It wasn't nearly as scary as those nasty box jumps last week...

    ReplyDelete