Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A. Back Squats
Beginner: @ 22x2; 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min

Intermediate:2 , 2, 2, 2; rest 2 min

Advanced: go to a 1RM, drop 20 lb and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min


B. KB Swings 1 min 35/50 lbs Russian
wallballs 14/20 lbs 1 min
double unders 1 min
burpees 1 min
rest 4 min
4 sets

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to being back at flux and coaching this workout tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that dropping 20 lbs is somewhat arbitrary. At lower weights, this makes the lift quite easy relative to your 1RM. At higher weights though, it doesn't make things much easier. I PR'd tonight on backsquats at 315lbs. Going back to 295 did not feel much lighter, and I wasn't able to do 2 reps at that weight. I ended up dropping another 20 and did my sets at 275, but maybe could have done 285? Anyway, just wondering if it would make more sense to drop say 10% instead of a certain fixed weight 20lbs for these lifts? -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rob,
    Good Question. Nope, this is the way it works. If you can't do the wait at 20 lbs lighter it just means you need more practice. I have had a very in-depth discussion with Pierre around this exact topic and asked him the exact same question. If you would like, I can explain it in more detail when I get back. I took some good notes that I can share with you. Also, Pierre will be here in Oct and you will have a chance to work with him!

    ReplyDelete