Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2011

A1. Front Squats
Beginners: 5, 5, 5 @ 22x2, rest 2 min
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3, rest 2 min
Advanced: Go up to a 1RM, drop the weight 20 lbs and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min

A2. Front Levers
Beginners: 10 sec hold with elevated scaps and working hard to pull rib cage to ceiling x 4 sets; rest 1 min
Intermediate: 10 sec hold with knees pushed against elbows x 4 sets; rest 1 min
Advanced: 10 sec hold without knees pushed out, extending knees out past bar; rest 1 min


B. Toes to Bar x 30 sec AMRAP
Shoulder touches x 30 sec AMRAP
rest 3 min
4 sets
If you are not ready for shoulder touches aim for 30 sec handstand hold.

C. KB Snatch Ladder 35/50 lbs: 7 down
Do 7 reps each arm and then 6 and then 5...down to 1 per arm.
For Time
Beginners: do 1 arm kb swing

7 comments:

  1. I think I'll do this one on Friday in Chris's basement. I'd like to keep feeling the heavy squats as twice a week isn't quite enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pr'd at 315# for the front squat and went for 330# but, "no go" today. So did 295# for the doubles. Now I am going to eat and sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun training at 11 am with Dad, Sandi, Chris and Char.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap. Isn't your front squat higher than your back squat now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting article I found on the HB squat.

    http://www.ampedtraining.com/2010/strength/highbar-squat-underrated

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kurt, you have totally hijacked this blog! Lol. Nope, my BS is 400 but all the big lifts seem to be going up. I would just like my bodyfat to go down. I am feeling pretty chubby.

    Darci, I also enjoyed training with you guys. I really didn't feel like working out today but once I got there I got over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a form of self-delusion. I keep hoping you're not 100lbs ahead of me on every lift...lol.

    FS not so great. I failed at 235 and I should have got that one up. I dropped the elbows. The sets at 205 felt fine and well as the handstand holds and lever progressions.

    ReplyDelete