Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A. Back Squat
Beginners: @ 22x2, 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 3 min
Advanced: Work up to a 1RM, drop the weight 20 lbs and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2-3 min.

B. Push Press
Beginners: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min
Advanced: work up to a 1RM, drop the weight 20 lbs and do 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2-3 min.

C. On a two minute clock:
Run 400 meters
AMRAP push-ups
Rest 2 min
2 sets

Beginners: On a three minute clock. Rest 3 min x 2 sets

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Ken!

    Sandra PR'd on squats: 3RM 95 lbs. I gotta say, I am loving the olympic style back squat. Feeling way stronger than I did with the Rippetoe low bar squat.

    And Brenda PR's on her push press @ 107 lbs. It looked easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was tough. I went up to 245lbs for the 1RM high bar then did sets of 225. I just have to tough it out and get used to working close to my max.

    I went to 145 for the push press but tapped out on the reps since my shoulder wasn't feeling very good and my form was, uh, terrible. Seems I'm in need of a lot of mobility exercises.

    I did toes to bar instead of pushups after the run. The 1st run was SLOW at something like 1:40 and the second one was quicker at around 1:20 ish. Still not very quick. I had perhaps 2 t2b in the 1st and about 7 in the second round.

    Sooo hungry right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's lifts are really improving !


    - Mieka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darci!

    I'm just glad vacation is over and I'm back to sensible eating again ... luckily BEFORE the queen city ex brought in the incredibly tempting Donut Hamburgers ... YUM!!!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete