Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

BISON!

The Bison has been sacrificed.

The Bison will be butchered this weekend.

The Bison is a Magnificent Creature.

GRASS FED AND FINISHED. NO FEED LOT. HUMANELY KILLED. NO UNNECESSARY STRESS TO THE ANIMAL. LOCAL FARMERS AND A LOCAL BUTCHER.

PICTURES OF THE PASTURE WHERE THE BISON GRAZE COMING SOON.

The finished price will be at least $4.50/pound but probably a bit more.

I am taking orders now. There will be some steaks and the rest will be ground.




7 comments:

  1. Hellooo. I would like 60 or so pounds of ground, if that's alright. Damn my stupid small freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what amount of bison I would like - but if 60pounds of ground is a reasonable amount, I'd like that too. And steaks, lots of steaks or roasts???

    ReplyDelete
  3. To give folks a sense of quantity: A few orders ago Darci and I bought 100bs of steaks and ground. This lasted us (remember Darci eats a lot) about 3-4 months.

    If you have room in the freezer ordering about this much for 2 to 5 people should do you about the same amount of time (I'm thinking some of these people are wee children).

    Ro didn't you order about the same? I think Cory and Joey did too. Some folks ordered 25lbs to try but then found it was used up fast.

    And Caitie, the bison lived a good life ... well fed, no feed lot, wandering the prairie. A loved bison indeed.

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! We'd like 50 lbs of ground and would love some steak. Can we order 10 lbs of steak as well? Yum...I've been looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to order 60 lbs please

    ReplyDelete