Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Monday, Dec 5, 2011

A. Back Squats
Beginners: @ 22x2, 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min.
Intermediate: 3, 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min.
Advanced: Max then down 15-20 lbs, 2 reps x 3 sets; rest 2 min.

B. AMRAP in 8 min:
5 thrusters @ 85/125 lbs
5 static pull-ups

Beginners: 5 Ring Rows
Intermediate: 2-4 pull-ups (if you have 1 pull-up/chin-up, do 2 reps. If you have 2 static pull-ups, do 3 reps. If you have 3 static pull-ups, do 5 reps.
Advanced: 5 Bulgarian Ring Pull-Ups (Be strict. Work hard to pull all the way up until your elbows are at 90 degrees. Go as wide as possible. Keep palms facing in.

Part B of this workout is what I imagine it would feel like to be a lumberjack. The workload is tough but you keep a steady pace.





4 comments:

  1. Would wearing flannel while I do it give me an advantage? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the 3 back squat days in a row (not knowing much about the Bulgarian method). Is the intent to actually do 3 consecutive back squat days, or is the expectation that one of those days would likely be a rest day for most people? I'm all for back squats, so am a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Heidi on her 10lb PR and to Randy on his fabulous Bulgarian ring pull ups this morning! Nice work!

    Coach Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question Kelly. I actually made a mistake on the blog. Sunday's WOD was front squats not back squats.

    If I have learned anything in the past 4 years of coaching it is that every body is different. Many of my lifters squat (front or back) 3-5 days a week and they continue to make gains. Some of them squat twice a day even. This is obviously not for everyone but you would be surprised by how often you can squat. It is just such a primal movement pattern!

    The reason I program 11-12 days of squatting out of 14 days (our two week strength phase) is that it guarantees that Fluxers will squat at least 2-3 times a week. Now, if someone comes in 4 days in a row I might have them skip the squats, but that depends on their age. Like I said, every body is different. And, if people complain about sore knees 99% of the time it is a mobility concern (tight hamstrings for example), and squatting is not to blame.

    So, to answer your question. Front squat today if you did back squats last time. Feel free to ask me any other questions. I will do my best to answer them.

    ReplyDelete