Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Tedd's GOMAD Journey

Oct. 11th

Hello. My name is Tedd. I am trying out the GOMAD diet for one month. ( a gallon of milk a day ). The greatest challenge so far is finding enough time to drink a gallon of milk in a day. It's keeping me busy. I've got to stay organized. In adolescence my daily intake would be 2 glasses ( about a litre ). Now I hardly get one glass in each day. The GOMAD diet is suppose to increase strength and muscle mass. 
There is a myth that milk intake increases mucus production. I found two journals that disprove this myth: "Relationship between milk intake and mucus production in adult volunteers challenged with rhinovirus-2" from Department of Community Medicine, University of Adelaide, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia. And "Milk Consumption Does Not Lead to Mucus Production or Occurrence of Asthma" from Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital (B.W.), Zurich
Agroscope Liebefeld-Posieux, Swiss Federal Research Station for Animal Production and Dairy Products (ALP) (A.S., B.W., R.S.), Berne, SWITZERLAND. I wonder if vice versa is true. If I am going to be gaining any mass it will not be of mucus.
 
Enough of that disgusting topic. The GOMAD diet is suppose to be with whole milk. I started it yesterday Oct. 10th. Both yesterday and today I made the mistake of drinking 2%. Like any scientific experiment you are suppose to keep all factors constant except for the variables you are experimenting with. My performance might also be affected by the heightend enthusiasm for crossfit after competing in the crossfit games in saskatoon last weekend. I have also been eating abnormally last weekend and this weekend with eating out in restaurants last weekend and having three thanksgiving suppers this weekend. I only got a chance to drink 3L of chocolate milk yesterday but I finished it today and hope to finish my gallon of white milk today. Overall I am excited and interested in trying this new diet. Well I am off to my 2nd thanksgiving supper.
 Oct. 14th
My deallift one rep max was 285lbs. Yesterday my 5 rep max was 275lbs and I lifted 285lbs only 4 times. My hand strength seems to compromise me more than my core.
Today I did Fran @ 85lbs in 8:12. I started crossfit in January and my Fran time was 11:40 with 65lbs on Mar. 7th. I did my first thrusters 21 in a row and then I kind of wimped out and took a break on my 15s and 9s and breaks on all sets of my pull ups. I will look forward to improving my time with more weight at the end of this diet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment