Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Air Squat

The beauty of the air squat is in its simplicity. It is pure functionality. No weights, no apparatus, yet when executed correctly, the air squat develops explosive power that emanates from the hip drive. Take a look at these athletes as they struggle with the squat. Do any of these faults sound familiar? I know when I fatigue the first thing to go for me is the upright torso and my chest starts to drop a bit.

Click on the post title to view a video.


Today's WOD

5 Rounds
30 air squats
10 ring dips
20 KB swings

For Time

2 comments:

  1. ah, perfect, i'm finally returning to flux today and i get my fav....air squats!! ;) also,if i cant do ring dips yet what/and how many do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased to hear that you will be back today.
    Instead of ring dips you will do 20 bench dips.

    ReplyDelete