Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Optimum Performance Training Program

A very important goal for me with respect to flux CrossFit is to always strive for coaching excellence. I am excited to announce that this September I will begin the OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE TRAINING COACHING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. I will be doing module number 2, which is Exercise Physiology - Program Design.

I chose OPT's certification program simply because James FitzGerald, the founder of OPT, is one of the best and most well respected strength and conditioning coaches in the CrossFit community and beyond. James, who also goes by the name OPT, was the champion of the 2007 CrossFit Games in Aromas, California and at 36 years of age, he just finished competing in the 2010 World CrossFit Games in California. Several of James' athletes competed in the games as well. There are CrossFitting coaches from around the globe currently studying with James.

OPT's Coaching Certification Program is really going to enhance my coaching skills. I am super excited to take what I learn through this intensive coaching program and bring it back to flux CrossFit.

Please have a look at the website to get a sense of what the Certification Program entails.

http://www.optimumtraining.ca/opt_ccp.htm#program-design

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you Darci. You're already a great coach, so this is going to make you a super razzle dazzle coach! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds fantastic! Good for you (and Flux!) Darci!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds very comprehensive, and I appreciate that you continue to improve upon your already great coaching skills.

    ReplyDelete