Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

LET THE PALEO CHALLENGE BEGIN!

Have you ever taken note of the pyramid chart that is in the free issue of the CrossFit Journal "What is Fitness," I have linked on flux CrossFit's website?

Notice what forms the base of this pyramid?

Nutrition.

If you are not making healthy choices in your diet you will not flourish as an athlete.

My hope is that this will become much clearer to everyone by the end of our 6 week paleo challenge.

More specifically, I hope everyone experiences the continuum that exists between good nutrition and improvements in fitness and athletic performance.

One concrete way to quantify your health is to have a blood lipid profile done. Another way to quantify your fitness is through the measurement of a performance and Grace will serve this purpose.

Or, as Robb Wolf succinctly states: "if you feel good, look good and perform better" chances are the paleo approach to food is working for you.

For inspiration, take a look at 69 year old Jacinto Bonillo, a level two CrossFit Coach at CrossFit New York.


If you subscribe to the CrossFit Journal you can read more about Jacinto's approach to nutrition and fitness in a Jul 4/09 entry.

For the next 6 weeks, let's trash the processed food; acquaint ourselves with good eating; relish in the art of cooking; enjoy quality food with family and friends; get lot's of sleep; take our fish oils; and drink lot's of water.


-Darci








3 comments:

  1. WHOOHOO! There's something fishy about this, Darci (and not just the oil)...what you've just described sounds like a pretty fun life outside of just the 6 weeks...i'm on to you...

    also - how many spirit points do i get for first comment of the challenge?? oh, wait, i think i just cancelled it out by being awake at this time when i'm planning to do Grace at 7am. The sleep thing is by far far far my biggest hurdle in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent part of the weekend going through some of my favourite recipes to see if they could convert to Paleo and looking for new recipes. I’m bringing in copies of some recipes that I’ve tried and a few that I haven’t tried yet to share with anyone who is interested.

    This is the first time I’ve enjoyed menu planning and grocery shopping in a very long time. Cooking isn’t my favourite activity, but now it has a greater purpose. I’m very excited about this new adventure.

    I'm looking foward to tacking Grace tonight. The theme song is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first accomplishment of the challenge:

    I FINALLY remembered to boil some eggs to bring with me to school. For some reason, even though it is SO easy, I always forget to do this, and then end up at school grumpy and hungry (well, not quite, cause I usually bring nuts, etc., but never enough protein).

    ReplyDelete