Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Darci's Long Femurs



Here I am doing Isabel (30 squat snatches for time).

Because I have long femurs I have to be extra patient as I get ready for the pull.  Notice that my knees are still bent. I should be waiting a bit longer before I jump. Coach Burgener's cue for the jump is 'pockets.' Once the bar gets to where your pockets are on your pants, JUMP! 

On a positive side, I have speed. Check out my hair! 

3 comments:

  1. Speed is certainly one of your super strengths Coach Darci! I myself, do not have long femurs and yet, I still need to learn a bit of patience. It's always a thrill to watch someone who is decent at the Snatch doing "Isabel". Tamara, Brianna, Kim, and I were all appreciative of having the chance to cheer you on and watch you improve your time.

    Congrats on some mighty fine flux'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so intense to watch.. it was great! good job Darci. Briana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your definition of "long femurs"? That photo (first one) shows what appears to be tibias slightly longer than the femurs. As long as the tibias match the femur length or especially if they are longer, then there should be no biomechanical issue unless the torso is like two inches long, which is not the case here. Those shins look longer than the femurs: a bio mechanical ADvantage.

    ReplyDelete