Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HSPU Progression


Check out this video of Nicole Carroll performing variations on the hspu. 

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_HSPUVariations.wmv
 There are 5 athletes from flux attending the gymnastics certification in Vancouver: Ryan, Rochelle, Jane, Charity and me.  

Have you made any goals in the area of gymnastics? Ring dips, hspu, kipping pull-ups, L-Sit Pull-ups? 


5 comments:

  1. my goal is to do a bar muscle up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want my kipping pullups to be more consistent. I would like to be able to get up to 20 in a row, chest to bar (that is more long term) shorter term, like within the next 3 months, I would like 10, good strong non-stop kips...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to do 3 L-Sit pull-ups. I started working on this some time ago and then I sort of gave up. I am back at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I would like to do consecutive kipping muscle ups. Secondly, a dead hang, non-kipping muscle up (I know this could be a looooong ways away, but I am obsessed). I would like to get way better at hspu's...they suck right now. Oh, AAAAND, I'd like to be able to walk and dance around on my hands. Is this too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole is still my hero!

    Today I began the progressions for HSPU on the box and at the wall with some blocks. It was good and I am seeing some improvement.

    That being said, I still have a really tough time with the gymnastics moves like ring dips, L-sits, and kipping pull ups (still only at 4 with good form- chin high over the bar in a row).

    So, my short-term goals for these moves are a little less ambitious than those above.

    Before the gymnastics cert at the end of October I hope to have the following goals achieved:

    doing sets of 7 kipping pull ups consistently
    doing 3-5 ring dips
    holding my L-sits for 1 minute
    bettering my HSPU

    Charity

    ReplyDelete