Featured Post

New website! New blog!

We are excited to launch a new home on the web for Flux School of Human Movement! Check out our new website right here  (same URL as befor...

Sunday, July 12, 2009

tomorrow's W.O.D. from Liverpool

Well, most of you saw me head out to Liverpool yesterday. I flew from Regina to Toronto (watched Sunshine Cleaning 2008 and a 30 Rock episode) then from Toronto to Amsterdam (had no choice - had to watch 17 Again with the Zac guy as well as one of the first episodes of Mad Men that I had previously missed) and landed in Liverpool this morning (Sunday) around 10am. I made my way to the Malmaison hotel (with a chic, yet goth-like aesthetic, which is only emphasized by the fact that I'm reading Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's The Strain) and then went for a short hike (1.5 hours) around the harbour and city before settling in for some much needed zzz's (about 6 hours). I just had a lovely dinner at the restaurant here and on my way back up to the room I stopped by the hotel gym. And what to my wandering eyes did appear - a concept 2 rower with a view out to the pier.

So here's my "I'm away from flux CrossFit'" plan for this week:

Monday - W.O.D.
3 Rounds
Row 400 meters
12 dumb-bell presses
10 Burpees

Tuesday - W.O.D.
3 Rounds
100 air squats
30 push-ups

Wednesday - W.O.D.
if I have time I'll check out the Dublin CrossFit (I'm heading to Dublin for a quick visit with Darci's mom)

Thursday - W.O.D.
4 Rounds
800 meter row
resting between each round

Friday - W.O.D.
5 Rounds
20 pushups
30 situps
200 meter row

I'll report back ...

Charity

2 comments:

  1. Okay - so as you probably guessed, my jet-lag kept me from sleeping last night so I headed to the gym - it's called the "gymtonic" here at the hotel - around 3:15 am hoping to work hard and tire myself out.

    I did the first workout:

    3 Rounds
    400 meter row
    12 db presses (30lb bells in each arm)
    10 burpees

    My time was 16 minutes - not super fast, but that's okay, it was still intense enough. I was sweaty and breathing hard. I'm always amazed at how difficult rowing can be. I definitely prefer running to rowing 400 meters even though I row the distance substantially faster. Wow, I think Thursday's W.O.D. is going to kill me.

    Oh well, it's a good thing I only have squats and push-ups tomorrow. Perhaps I'll do it outside down by the docks...

    I hope you're all sleeping soundly right now or getting close to being there. (It's 6am here in Liverpool which makes it 11pm at home in Regina.)

    this is Charity - over and out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charity,

    Where is your fourth day of rest? I am so pumped that you are planning on working out while away it is such dedication! Hope the jet lag is going away!!

    ReplyDelete